EPA524: Digital Technologies in Education
Module Purpose and Objectives
Upon the completion of this course, students should be able to:
- know the basic types of technology that can be used within a learning environment
- Recognize good educational practices for using both educational technologies and general digital technologies
- understand the basic functional characteristics of the digital technologies that can be used for educational purposes
- Understand the basic principles of managing and using digital technology
- design educational projects using technology
- critically evaluate the possibility and use of integrating digital technology in the school context.
This module focuses on various digital technologies that can be used pedagogically in the educational field. In this context, students will be introduced to technologies designed exclusively for use in education, such as educational software and digital learning games. Also, they will be introduced to general technological purposes such as software tools, multimedia and media, digital storytelling, internet, etc. that can be used to enhance the educational process. Emphasis is placed on the main functional and technical characteristics of these technologies, as well as on the basic principles that govern their educational integration practices. In the same context, students are invited to study good practices for the use of all the above digital technologies for educational purposes and specifically adapted to the various courses of the curriculum of the general and special education.
- Κωδικός / Course Code: EPA524
- ECTS: 15
Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment:
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (εαρινό)/ Semi-annual (spring)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 900 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate