The doctoral programme Healthcare Management: Prevention and Health Promotion, aims to research issues of the above mentioned area.
The minimum time required to complete the doctorate is three (3) years, while the maximum duration is eight (8) years.
EUROPEAN CREDIT TRANSFER SYSTEM – ECTS: 180
TEACHING LANGUAGE: Greek / English
DEGREE AWARDED: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
PhD candidates must have a recognized university degree and a recognized postgraduate master’s degree or a medical degree.
Those interested in applying for the Doctoral Programme should include the following information in the "Statement of Interest":
1. A preliminary/indicative title of a doctoral dissertation, with a summary of a research proposal of up to 1000 - 1500 words which should include, at least, the following:
- Brief description of the topic,
- Description of the goal and objectives of the dissertation,
- Importance and innovation of research,
- Summary of the relevant literature,
- Brief description of the proposed research methodology.
2. A recent CV which will include:
- Academic and/or other studies,
- Professional, scientific and research activities,
- Scientific publications and/or other awards,
- Research areas of interest.
3. Up to two letters of recommendation
Evaluation of applicants:
Applicants will be evaluated by an academic committee, which will examine each candidate’s information and accordingly will invite those shortlisted candidates for an interview. The final selection of candidates will be based, among others, on the:
- Candidate’s research proposal,
- Candidate’s academic background in relation to the announced position,
- Letters of recommendation,
- Candidate's performance during the interview,
- Possible scientific publications, and
- Candidate’s previous research experience
Tuition fees for doctoral programs amounts to €675 per semester for the first six (6) semesters. In case the study lasts longer, then the following applies: for the first four (4) and the last two (2) semesters, the cost amounts to €675 per semester and for the remaining semesters, the cost amounts to €337.50 per semester. No tuition is paid for the "Academic Writing (DXXX796)" and the "Research Methodology (DXXXX795)", which are mandatory at the beginning of the study.
Applications can be submitted exclusively online:
Application dates for the Academic year 2022-2023 : February 24 - May 24, 2022.