The Graduate Programme in Educational Studies aims at:
- conducting research in pedagogical sciences with particular emphasis on the areas of organisation, leadership, administration, evaluation and curricula in education, as well as in the areas of special education and learning technologies
- providing specialised pedagogical knowledge to teachers of all levels
- cooperating with similar programmes in European and other universities, as well as with research centres
- preparing senior executives and researchers who understand the context in which education operates and wish to act creatively and productively in their workplace
- providing services to the wider educational community in pedagogy, within the areas of research and knowledge covered by the programme guidelines.
- understanding the theories surrounding special education, especially with regard to various disabilities, respective to the legal framework and the theoretical basis of differentiation. At the same time, it provides the theoretical knowledge needed to differentiate and integrate children with disabilities, both in teaching and material terms, so that all children attending either inclusive classes or a specialised environment shall be effectively supported if needed.
- examining and understanding issues related to the use of traditional and modern educational technologies in teaching and learning, and systematically addressing the processes of designing, creating, using, evaluating and managing a variety of teaching aids and learning materials.
European Credit Units - ECTS: 120
Teaching Language: Greek
Level of Studies: Postgraduate
Title to be Awarded: Magister Artium (MA)
Applicants for admission to the postgraduate programme at Masters level must hold a degree from an accredited university.
Additional requirements are the following:
1. Very good knowledge of the English language
2. Computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
The total cost of the fees for this postgraduate program is €5,400.
The tuition fees for each module are €1,350. The tuition fees for the Master Thesis are also 1,350€.
Applications can be submitted exclusively online, via the OUC website at https://applications.ouc.ac.cy/admissions?sap-language=EN
To acquire a Master's degree, students must choose one of the following programme structures:
- Option A: follow the course of studies and successfully pass examinations in three Modules and complete a Master thesis.
- Option B: follow the course of studies and successfully pass examinations in four Modules.
Students, under the supervision and guidance of their professors, are required to complete (3) written assignments in each Module and after having achieved the necessary grade are entitled to take the final exams. Application for the Master thesis may be submitted after completion of the second (2nd) Module. The thesis may be submitted immediately after completion of the third (3rd) Module and no later than one academic year.
Students can follow one out of five academic concentrations to ensure the academic cohesion of their Programme:
- Educational Leadership and Policy
- Social Justice Education
- Special Education
- Continuing Education
- Educational Technology and Communication
In a separate section of this site, you will find a description of the Modules for every academic concentration. A student may choose up to two (2) Modules per academic year. The choice of two Modules is equivalent to full-time study, while one Module is considered part-time. The University academic year begins in early September and ends in May/June with the final written exams.
EPA 50: Child Development in the Social Environment
EPA 51: Applied Educational Research
EPA 60: Cultural Differences and Social Inequalities
EPA 62: Educational Administration
EPA 64K: Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning
EPA65: Open and Distance Education
EPA66K: Vocational Education and Training
EPA70K: Educational Policy and Curriculum Development
EPA71K: Change Management, School Effectiveness and Strategic Planning
EPA75K: Programme and Personnel Evaluation in Education
EPA76Κ: Education for Social Justice, Human Rights and Citizenship
EPA77Κ: Special Education Ι: Contemporary theories for children with special needs
EPA78Κ: Special Education ΙΙ: Pedagogical practices for children with special needs
EPA79Κ: Principles of Educational Technology
EPA 50: Child Development in the Social Environment, 30 ects
EPA 51: Applied Educational Research, 30 ects
EPA 60: Cultural Differences and Social Inequalities, 30 ects
EPA 62: Educational Administration, 30 ects
EPA 64K: Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning, 30 ects
EPA65: Open and Distance Education, 30 ects
EPA66K: Vocational Education and Training, 30 ects
EPA70K: Educational Policy and Curriculum Development, 30 ects
EPA71K: Change Management, School Effectiveness and Strategic Planning, 30 ects
EPA75K: Programme and Personnel Evaluation in Education, 30 ects
EPA76Κ: Education for Social Justice, Human Rights and Citizenship, 30 ects
EPA77Κ: Special Education Ι: Contemporary theories for children with special needs, 30 ects
EPA78Κ: Special Education ΙΙ: Pedagogical practices for children with special needs, 30 ects
EPA79Κ: Principles of Educational Technology, 30 ects
EPA701: Master Thesis, 30 ects
Adjunct Faculty (Tutors)
|Chrystalla Kalogiroufirstname.lastname@example.org||EPA50||Module coordinator|
|George Manolitsisemail@example.com||EPA51||Module coordinator|
|Elena Papamichaelfirstname.lastname@example.org||EPA60 & EPA76K||Module coordinator|
|Demetris Demetriouemail@example.com||EPA62||Module coordinator|
|Niki Phillipsfirstname.lastname@example.org||EPA64||Module coordinator|
|Maria Fragkakiemail@example.com||EPA65 & EPA79K||Module coordinator|
|Eleftherios Kleridesfirstname.lastname@example.org||EPA70Κ||Module coordinator|
|Andreas Tsiakkirosemail@example.com||EPA71Κ||Module coordinator|
|Ioannis Savvidesfirstname.lastname@example.org||EPA75K||Module coordinator|
|Olga Lyraemail@example.com||EPA77Κ||Module coordinator|
|Anastasia Liasidoufirstname.lastname@example.org||EPA78Κ||Module coordinator|
For additional information, please contact Ms. Vasiliou Vasiliki (email@example.com), 00357-22411988