- Κωδικός / Course Code: ΜΔΕ700
- ECTS: 20
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment:
Final Individual Project (60%), Individual Presentation (30%), Individual and Group Interactive Exercises (10%)
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (εαρινό ή χειμερινό)/ Semi-annual (Fall or Spring)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 1300 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
- Προαπαιτούμενα/ Prerequisites: ΜΔΕ511 Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management ΜΔΕ512 Business Economics ΜΔΕ513 Strategy and Leadership ΜΔΕ521 Accounting and Financial Reporting ΜΔΕ522 Marketing Management ΜΔΕ523 Research Methods and Instruments
The ΜΔΕ700 Applied Business Dissertation module helps students to learn and practice on how to plan and conduct business research in order to develop a specific research and action plan to address a relevant research problem. The dissertation needs to be applied on real organisations through the application, collection, and analysis of information and the proposal of workable solutions to the organisation.
The aim of this module is to help students understand how to identify, assess, and analyse business problems and apply solutions based on applied research. Specifically, this module helps students:
- to understand the role and importance of research in the field of business administration.
- enhance their teamwork and group work skills.
- to distinguish the basic philosophical directions of research and their effects.
- in the design of an applied business study taking into account the legal limitations and ethical issues on the part of the researcher.
- in formulating business problems, research questions and research hypotheses.
- distinguishing the limitations of a research and the way they are formulated in a scientific text.
- in the selection of appropriate scientific sources in the context of the literature review
- in structuring information in a scientific text.
- in selecting the appropriate data collection tool taking into account its features and limitations.
- selecting the appropriate sample for the survey and calculating the sampling error in the case of quantitative research.
- in the selection of appropriate data analysis techniques.
- in the analysis of the descriptive statistical analysis indicators and the selection criteria of each type of analysis based on the measurement scales used (average, median, prevailing value, frequency, percentages, data processing, correlation coefficient, mean comparison, analytical factor analysis)
- in the construction of a complete scientific text following the appropriate referencing styles
- in the presentation of an applied business study to an audience.