- Κωδικός / Course Code: MDE614
- ECTS: 10
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment:
2 assignments (40%), interactive activities (10%), final exam (50%)
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (χειμερινό) / Semi-annual (fall)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 650 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
The ΜDE614 Money and Banking module deals primarily with the role of money and banking in the context of the broader economy. It moreover focuses on the basic functions of money and the financial system, as a whole. The module also deals with interest rates and what causes them to change, as well as with the term structure of interest rates. Following that, the stock market and its main functions is discussed as well as the bond markets and the foreign exchange market. The module presents insights related to the management of financial institutions and the importance of their regulation and concludes with financial crises.