ERASMUS+ is the Programme funded by the European Commission, which provides support for mobility of individuals and opportunities for cooperation in all fields of education, training, youth and sport for the period 2014-2020. The Programme also supports transnational partnerships by offering financial assistance, in order to reinforce collaborations between universities, enterprises and other governmental or non-governmental organisations, aiming towards bridging the gap between education and the business world.
The Programme supports:
- Opportunities to study, train, gain working experience or volunteer abroad.
- Teaching or learning opportunities abroad for the staff involved in the fields of education, training and/or youth.
- The enhancement of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) uptake in teaching and learning, through the support of learning and access to Open Educational Resources (OER).
- The improvement of the teaching and learning of languages and the promotion of EU's broad linguistic diversity and intercultural awareness.
- Opportunities for partnerships among educational institutions and youth organisations to foster quality improvements and innovation.
- Loan guarantees to master degree students, to finance their studies in another country.
- Exchanges, cooperation and capacity building between higher educational institutions and the youth sector worldwide.
ERASMUS UNIVERSITY CHARTER 2021-2027
Institutional Erasmus Code: CY LEFKOSI01
Erasmus Charter for Higher Education: ECHE 2021-2027
The award of the Erasmus+ Charter for Higher Education provides Open University of Cyprus (OUC) with the opportunity to participate actively European programmes that deal with mobility, training, collaborations and education. More importantly, it encourages OUC students and staff to participate in mobility actions and enhances OUC’s extroversion and recognition towards its educational and research work in the European Higher Education Area and beyond.
ERASMUS+ MOBILITY ACTIONS
- Outgoing Mobility for Students and Staff
- Incoming Mobility for Students and Staff
- International Mobility