The postgraduate programme in Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning examines dialectically the two core pillars of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning:
- General Adult Education, and
- Vocational Education and Training
The objective of the postgraduate programme is to equip the participants (adult learners) with the cognitive (theoretical and practical) and metacognitive (methodological, epistemological) skills that will enable them to understand in-depth – and dialectically - General Adult Education and Vocational Education and Training, within the greater area of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning. The ultimate purpose is to move from understanding to the analysis, synthesis, application and evaluation of new knowledge.
The Programme is additionally research-orientated aiming to attract prospective students to undertake original research at the doctoral level in various aspects of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning.
It also aims at preparing systematically the trainer, designer, coordinator or evaluator of continuing education programmes and upgrading the knowledge, skills and competencies of adult educators.
WHY CHOOSE TO ATTEND?
Successful completion of the Programme opens up new perspectives for graduates to:
- get employment in areas relevant to the field of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning, in the public sector as well as in private organisations and NGOs or in international organisations such as the European Union or the OECD.
- strengthen their existing career and follow an upward job trajectory by upgrading their skills and competences.
- engage academic research in the field of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning.
More specifically, graduates of the Programme can work as:
- trainers in education and training programmes,
- designers, organisers or evaluators of adult education and training programmes,
- policy planners/makers and administrators in government agencies and domestic and international organisations,
- researchers in research centres and organisations involved in the field of adult education.
The Programme is evaluated and certified by the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education.
The Open University of Cyprus (OUC), through its participation in the European project "Liaison Offices with the Labour Market", offers to students of all its programmes of study, the optional and free of charge Thematic Unit (i.e. Module) entitled "Industry Placement". This module provides students opportunities for a placement to gain professional experience in their particular field of study, and the hosting institution can be any public or private organisation operating in the Republic of Cyprus.
Each student has the right to participate in this offering once or twice during his / her studies, provided that s/he meets the required conditions.
Request more information by contacting the OUC Liaison Office here.
European Credit Units - ECTS: 90
Teaching Language: Greek
Level of Studies: Postgraduate
Title to be Awarded: Magister Artium (MA)
The minimum requirement for admission to the Programme is an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
Very good knowledge of English
Computer skills (Microsoft Office programmes, and use of the Internet to retrieve information and to communicate with others).
The total cost of the fees for this postgraduate programme is 5,400 Euro.
The tuition fees for each module are 900€. The tuition fees for the Master Thesis are also 1,800€.
Applications can be submitted exclusively online:
Application dates for the Spring Semester of the Academic year 2022-2023 : September 14 - November 15, 2022.
Important note: The Programme is evaluated and certified by the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education.
The duration of studies is 1,5 academic year (3 academic semesters) full-time (successful completion of 6 Modules or 4 Modules and a Master thesis).
The new Programme will be available during the academic year 2021-2022.
The Modules offered per semester are the following:
First Semester (Compulsory/Elective Modules)
SDMII513 (compulsory) - Introduction to Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning
SDM512 (elective) - Theoretical Foundations of Vocational Education and Training
SDM611 (elective) - International Trends in Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning – Comparing Systems and Practices
Second Semester (Compulsory Modules)
SDMII521 - Planning, Organization and Evaluation of Continuing Education, Lifelong Learning and Vocational Education & Training programs
SDM612 - Research Methodology in Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning
Third Semester (Elective Modules)
SDM621 - Critical reflection in adult learning and education
SDMII623 - Teaching Adult Education On-line
SDM622 - Access and Participation of Adults in Education
SDM 701A - Master Thesis I
SDM 701B - Master Thesis II
- SDM622: Access and Participation of Adults in Education
- SDM621: Critical reflection in adult learning and education
- SDM612: Research Methodology in Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning
- SDM611: International Trends in Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning – Comparing Systems and Practices
- SDM512: Theoretical Foundations of Vocational Education and Training
- SDMII701B: Master Thesis II
- SDMII701A: Master Thesis I
- SDMII623: Teaching Adult Education On-line
- SDMII521: Planning, Organization and Evaluation of Continuing Education, Lifelong Learning and Vocational Education & Training programs
- SDMII513: Introduction to Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning
SDM695: Industry Placement (1st), 5 ects
SDM696: Industry Placement (2nd), 5 ects
|Ελισάβετ Κιούρτη (Elisavet Kiourti)||firstname.lastname@example.org||+35722411923||
Ώρες γραφείου/Academic Consultation Hours:
Δευτέρα/Monday – Πέμπτη/Thursday 11:00 - 15:00
Adjunct Faculty (Tutors)
|Soultana Anastasopoulouemail@example.com||SDM612 & SDM621||Module coordinator|
|Axilleas Papadimitrioufirstname.lastname@example.org||SDM512||Module coordinator|
|Pavlos Hatzopoulosemail@example.com||SDM622||Module coordinator|
|Soultana Anastasopouloufirstname.lastname@example.org||SDMΙΙ513||Module coordinator|
For additional information, please contact Ms. Yianna Yiasouma (email@example.com), 00357-22411915.