- Κωδικός / Course Code: ΕΝΔ701B
- ECTS: 15
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment: Submission of Master’s Thesis / Viva voce examination of Master’s Thesis
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (χειμερινό) / Semi-annual (fall)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 900 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
- Προαπαιτούμενα/ Prerequisites: ΕΝΔ511, ΕΝΔ512, ΕΝΔ513, ΕΝΔ521, ΕΝΔ522, ΕΝΔ523 or ΕΝΔ524
- Αναλυτική πληροφόρηση: END701B.eng_11.2023.pdf
During the second year of their studies (on full-time enrolment or when at least the prerequisite Thematic Units are completed), students can choose to write a Master’s Thesis. The thesis consists of two modules, ΕΝΔ701Α and ΕΝΔ701Β.
The research subject falls within the topics covered by the Thematic Units of the MA in "Communication and New Journalism ". In order to write a thesis, students should follow the procedure outlined below:
- Based on their obligations, research interests and a topic, students discuss with the Academic Coordinator about the thesis. After the finalization of the subject, the Academic Coordinator discusses with adjunct faculty members of the Program to make sure who would be the right person to supervise the thesis.
- Submission of the Master's Thesis Topic Statement Form (APKY63) to the member of the Academic or Adjunct Faculty interested in supervising the proposed dissertation.
- If APKY63 is accepted by the supervisor, then it must be forwarded to the Academic Coordinator of the Program for final approval, as well as to the Program secretariat.
It should be noted that if all of the above are not completed at least one month before the registrations for the next semester, the student will not be able to enrol in Master’s Thesis and will have to enrol in two of the remaining elective courses of the 3rd semester of studies.
During the first part of the Thesis, the student is required to complete form APKY157. This form serves as an interim progress report of the Thesis, with a length of 5,000-6,000 words, and describes the objectives as finalized in form APKY63, the main points of development of the topic, the evolution of research questions, etc. The form is uploaded on the eclass platform and must be signed by both the student and the Thesis supervisor. The first part of the Thesis is evaluated by the supervisor, with a Pass or Fail.
During the second part of the dissertation, the writing is completed and the dissertation is presented by the student in front of a three-member committee which decides on the final grade of the Master’s Thesis.