- Κωδικός / Course Code: ΕΝΔ523
- ECTS: 10
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment:
Written Assignments: 30%, Activities: 20%, Final Exam: 50%
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (χειμερινό) / Semi-annual (fall)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 600 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
- Προαπαιτούμενα/ Prerequisites: ΕΝΔ511, ΕΝΔ512, ΕΝΔ513
- Αναλυτική πληροφόρηση: END523.eng_11.2023.pdf
The aim of this module is to train students in the methodology and the techniques of Strategic Communication, rendering them self-reliant professionals in the different fields of applied communication. More specifically, it aims to equip students with valuable knowledge and a set of fundamental skills and abilities, which will help them craft integrated strategic communication plans for the different contexts of applied communication. Its main aim is based on the need for a sound, systematic and multidimensional study of contemporary challenges in the field of communication and their effective management through communication.
The Key Topics of this Module provide students with a general overview of the basic theories, methodologies and techniques from the field of Strategic Communication. They cover all the stages of strategic communication planning, from the analysis of the existing situation to the definition of the communication problem, to segmentation, audience analysis and targeting, the adaptation of messages to them, media planning and scheduling, and managing one’s public presence on media, in political, cultural, and commercial communication. Concurrently, emphasis is placed on the design, analysis and utilization of empirical research to relate topics of strategic communication with specific topics and current news topics.
With the use of printed and electronic material, new media and social networking, in the Module offered in the 1st year of study the following subjects are developed:
- The concept of Strategic Planning and Strategic Communication: Basic Principles and Stages of Completing Communication Plans
- The Importance of the Public in Strategic Communication
- Media Planning / Strategies, Tactics and Action Plans
- Image and Presence in the Public Relations
- Implementation of Strategic Planning in Communication Policy
- Implementation of Strategic Planning in Cultural Communication
The Module focuses on:
- Providing solid grounding for the need of strategic communication in the highly competitive modern environment
- Understanding the methodology and techniques of strategic communication in a diversity of applied contexts (commercial/corporate, political, cultural).
- Acquiring the necessary skills and abilities in designing an integrated strategic communication plan for diverse target audiences
- Becoming familiar with the techniques of audience segmentation, analysis and targeting
Crafting a Media Plan, leveraging the affordances of both online and offline media