- Κωδικός / Course Code: ΕΝΔ614
- ECTS: 15
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment:
Written Assignments: 30%, Activities: 20%, Final Exam: 50%
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (χειμερινό) / Semi-annual (fall)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 900 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
- Προαπαιτούμενα/ Prerequisites: ΕΝΔ511, ΕΝΔ512, ΕΝΔ513, ΕΝΔ521, ΕΝΔ522, ΕΝΔ524
- Αναλυτική πληροφόρηση: END614.eng_11.2023.pdf
The objective of the course is to introduce the students to modern, digital journalism. To prepare them to be able to work with comfort and proficiency in the online environment, ensuring the reliability that characterizes quality journalism.
This optional module goes deeper in what was learnt earlier but also offers new paths of knowledge. This is why it is the most technical of all, offering more ways of training, especially in digital tools. The student will acquire skills in dealing with sound, still images and video and will study all the steps of content digitalization. He/she will also acquire the basics of data journalism and finally will be asked to follow and create a full journalist project applied on the creation of a webpage as well as the online tools and social media tools that accompany it.
Initially, the era of audio-visual information is defined by a multitude of tools that are freely available to producers and consumers of information equally: moving and static images on computers, tablets and cellular phones, sound that is transmitted live or from a source that has been stored creates an environment of increased demands for each journalist who wants to keep up with his time. In the new context, the traditional divisions of roles and professions (for example journalist and photographer) have been overcome, content has to be enriched and renewed constantly (even after posting) and the journalist makes his work accessible from many different media, with each of them having its own operating rules. And, most importantly, require special knowledge and skills.
With the use of printed and electronic material, new media and social networking, in the Module offered in the 2nd year of study the following subjects are developed:
- The era of audiovisual information.
- Data journalism.
- The road map of digitization.
- Integrated journalism project.
The Module focuses on:
- Understanding the need to reconcile different forms of expression to support journalistic research.
- Understanding the importance of data journalism today to find sources in research journalism.
- Training in finding different data sources and handling, evaluating and crossing them
- Managing the data and converting it to journalistic content.
- Understanding the specificity of digital text and using the tools and applications available to improve the quality of a text.
- The approach, both from a business and technical point of view, to the production of content, of creating an integrated journalistic project.