- Κωδικός / Course Code: ΕΝΔ612
- ECTS: 15
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment:
Written Assignments: 30%, Activities: 20%, Final Exam: 50%
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (χειμερινό) / Semi-annual (fall)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 900 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
- Προαπαιτούμενα/ Prerequisites: ΕΝΔ511, ΕΝΔ512, ΕΝΔ513, ΕΝΔ521, ΕΝΔ522, ΕΝΔ523
- Αναλυτική πληροφόρηση: END612.eng_11.2023.pdf
In the context of the contemporary hyper-communicative and hyper-linked era the role of marketing in communications is crucial. The communication strategy of an organisation, a public figure or even a politician aims to build relations of mutual understanding and benefit for all stakeholders: Media, politicians, local communities, international organisations, customers, suppliers etc.
Marketing, as an aspect of communication, focuses on the customers (markets) and on the building of long-term relationships. The collaboration between the marketing and the communications department is crucial, though their roles are and should remain different. At the same time, content appears to be an important element towards the establishment of a brand.
This module aims to train the students to the methodology and the techniques of marketing communications with a focus on content marketing, turning them to independent professionals in to the various fields of its applications. The module highlights the combination between research, theory and practice, preparing the students to answer a wide range of professional fields and challenges.
Upon the successful completion of this module and having developed strategic and analytical thinking skills, students will be able to apply the theory in real scenarios and under real circumstances.
With the use of printed and electronic material, new media and social networking, in the Module offered in the 2nd year of study the following subjects are developed:
- Introduction to marketing communication
- Introduction to Branding
- Value Proposition and Marketing Strategies
- Copywriting for traditional and digital media
- Online advertising
- Online Press Office: production and dissemination of offline/online/multimedia press releases
- Implementation of a content strategy marketing campaign
The Module focuses on the:
- Development of a critical, synthetic and strategic thinking, accompanied by well documented decisions over each step of planning and implementation of an integrated marketing and communications plan.
- Correlation between theory and practice and the actual implementation of theory.
- Familiarisation of the students with methodologies and techniques aiming to their ability to handle efficiently the challenges posed by the contemporary communication ecosystem.
- Equipment of the students with a series of fundamental practical skills, in order to be able to work creatively in the field of marketing and communications.
- Familiarisation, on a practical level, with skills, tools and techniques of marketing and communications.
- Acquisition of the knowledge on how to apply a strategic planning in every field of marketing and communications