- Κωδικός / Course Code: ΕΝΔ613
- ECTS: 15
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment:
Written Assignments: 30%, Activities: 20%, Final Exam: 50%
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (χειμερινό) / Semi-annual (fall)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 900 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
- Προαπαιτούμενα/ Prerequisites: ΕΝΔ511, ΕΝΔ512, ΕΝΔ513, ΕΝΔ521, ΕΝΔ522, ΕΝΔ524
- Αναλυτική πληροφόρηση: END613.eng_11.2023.pdf
The main objective of the course is to bring together the future journalist with the basic and necessary knowledge that every professional must possess in order not only to meet the daily demands, but also to update his / her knowledge and adapt to the technological changes. This course offers the foundation for the exercise of the journalistic profession.
Initially, it presents the secrets and techniques of reporting, respecting the fullest possible coverage of the subject and the transfer to the citizen of the necessary comprehensive and valid information that allows him to form a solid view without adding unnecessary information. It describes the most important of the different kinds of reporting from the whole range of information: political, social, economic, labour, sports, international, cultural, technological, travel, fashion, etc. Their presentation aims to highlight the particularities of each piece of reporting and the knowledge the journalist needs and / or develops in order to handle its peculiarities with ease and efficiency. The unifying element that permeates every story is the journalist's insistence on looking for the truth and unfolding all aspects of every subject, even the most obscure or distant, always providing meaningful and accurate information.
With the use of printed and electronic material, new media and social networking, in the Module offered in the 2nd year of study the following subjects are developed:
- Reportage without borders
- Interview techniques
- Travel journalism and nation branding
- Techniques and content tools
- The journalist entrepreneur
The module focuses on:
- Exercising in different kinds of reportage.
- In handling any interview for any Medium.
- Understanding the notions of tourist journalism and national branding as well as in the tourism reportage.
- Introducing the philosophy of available electronic tools so they can use them in the best possible way.
- Familiarizing with project funding procedures.