The Rectorate is responsible for matters related to international and national collaborations, the University’s Strategic Plan and Communication Strategy, and issues that relate to quality assurance.
Development and Communication Unit
- Supporting the monitoring of the implementation of the Strategic Plan of the Open University of Cyprus.
- Drafting, updating, and monitoring the implementation of the University’s ad hoc action plans that related to OUC’s Integrated Communication Strategy.
- Operation of the University’s Press Office, management and promotion of OUC’s public image.
- Collaboration with University’s Authorities, Faculties, Programmes of Study, Administrative Units and Committees for the preparation of OUC’s the annual and periodic publications.
- Communication with students, staff and members of the public through the University’s social media channels.
International Relations Unit
- Organizing, coordinating and supporting actions related to the University’s international relations based on its international strategy and strategic plan.
- Collaborations with universities, research centers and other institutions in Cyprus and abroad, and monitoring the progress of the implementation of the established MoUs.
- Coordinating the participation of the Open University of Cyprus in the Erasmus+ Mobility Programme and other international educational exchange programmes.
- Coordinating and promoting the work of OUC in domestic and international university networks and organisations.
Quality Assurance Unit
- Internal and external quality assessment and quality assurance mechanisms at institutional, faculty and programmatic levels.
- Monitoring the implementation of long-term strategic and annual operational plans to ensure quality of process and results.
- Supporting the cooperation of the OUC with national and international bodies dealing with quality assessment and assurance issues.
- Ensuring the harmonisation of the quality assurance procedures of the OUC with the principles and guidelines of the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education (CYQAA).