Erasmus+ Incoming Student Mobility for Placements
The action supports students of partner universities that wish to undertake a period of internship at OUC.
- The Member States of the European Union ,
- United Kingdom (up to the academic year 2020-2021), Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey, Republic of North Macedonia and Serbia
- Bachelor degree students
- Master degree students
- PhD candidates
Students with disabilities
People with disabilities include people whose physical or health status makes it difficult to participate in an Erasmus+ mobility activity without additional support. European Commission and Open University of Cyprus encourage the participation of students with disabilities in all activities of the Erasmus+ programme. Incoming students should check with their home university for the provision of additional funding.
An Inter-Institutional Agreement between the student’s home University and OUC is not required for an SMP mobility.
INTERNSHIP AT OUC
Internship at OUC may be carried in one of the University’s Research Labs or an Administrative Service.
OUC Administrative Services consist of the following:
- International Cooperation, Development and Communication
- Operational Support
- Research, Industry Liaison and Innovation
- Finance and Human Resources
- Information Communication Technologies and Library
- Students and Programmes Support
- Laboratory of Educational Material & Educational Methodology
The final decision for accepting an incoming student for an internship lays with the Supervisor/Coordinator of each Unit.
OUC Research Labs:
- Chemical Engineering and Engineering Sustainability Lab
- Computational Cognition Lab
- Educational Technology Lab
- Cybersecurity & Telecommunications Research Lab
- Terrestrial Ecosystems Management Lab
- Center for Algorithmic Transparency (CyCAT)
The final decision for an incoming internship lays with the Director of each Lab.
It is preferable to inform the OUC Mobility Office of a student’s intention to visit OUC at least two months prior to the start of their intership.
Interested students should:
- Incoming students should submit the following documents requested by the OUC Mobility Office:
- The responsible mobility officer should provide the OUC Mobility Office with all the details concerning the exchange of students that have secured funding for mobility at OUC.
- The student should submit an Erasmus+ application to his/her home university and get nominated for traineeship mobility at OUC, following the respective deadlines and procedures.
- The OUC Mobility Office will contact the respective supervisors and once confirmation of approval is obtained, the student will receive an email as confirmation/invitation to conduct his/her training at the Open University of Cyprus.
- Prepare a draft ‘Training Agreement’ (document provided by the student’s home University) and a letter expressing their interest for a traineeship position at OUC and submit both to the OUC Mobility Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select the Research Lab or the OUC Administrative Service that they are interested in conducting their internship.
- A signed application form
- Training agreement signed by home University
- Foreign Language Certificates
- Copy of ID card/passport
- Recent Transcript of Records
- After receiving all necessary documents, the OUC Mobility Office will send a confirmation email to the student, along with the signed ‘Training Agreement’, thus finalizing the procedure of his/her acceptance at OUC.
The minimum period of mobility is two (2) months. The home university decides upon the exact mobility duration period.
COMPLETION OF MOBILITY
Upon successful completion of an incoming mobility for training, Open University of Cyprus provides students with all the necessary documents (Certificate of Internship, Europass) to submit them at their home University.
OUC MOBILITY OFFICE
International Cooperation, Development and Communication Unit
Tel.: +357 22411717 / 22411659