- Κωδικός / Course Code: COS613
- ECTS: 10
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment: Interactive activities (24%), Project (26%), Final exam (50%)
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (χειμερινό) / Semi-annual (fall)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 450 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
- Αναλυτική πληροφόρηση: COS613_11.2023.pdf
This course studies the development of cognitive agents with computational models of argumentation as the underlying foundation for cognitive human reasoning. It brings together elements from argumentation theory in AI with cognitive psychology of reasoning to study a new form of symbolic representation and reasoning that reflects cognitive reasoning processes in humans, which leads to a new style of cognitive programming for cognitive systems. Specific elements that are covered include: The logical nature of human reasoning — argumentative decision making. Argumentation theory and Argumentation Logic in CS. Conditional human logic and argumentation logic. Cognitive reasoning about actions and change. Cognitive Knowledge Representation of common sense world knowledge and Cognitive Programming. Explanation, justification and persuasion through human-system argumentative dialogues. Argumentation-based agent architectures for adaptive agents. Application of cognitive agents to personalized and adaptive recommender systems and to elements of story comprehension.