- Κωδικός / Course Code: COS524
- ECTS: 10
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment: Interactive activities (24%), Project (26%), Final exam (50%)
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (εαρινό)/ Semi-annual (spring)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 450 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
- Αναλυτική πληροφόρηση: COS524_11.2023.pdf
We will take Natural Language Processing in a wide sense to cover computer manipulation of natural language. At one extreme, it could be as simple as counting word frequencies to compare different writing styles. At the other extreme, NLP involves “understanding” complete human utterances, at least to the extent of being able to give useful responses to them. The course has also a practical sense of introduction to natural language processing. Students will learn to use and formulate methods and systems that analyze text, write real programs, and grasp the value of being able to test an idea through implementation. The course strikes a balance between theory and application, identifying the connections and the tensions. The course aims to be also pleasurable, including applications and examples that are interesting and entertaining, and sometimes whimsical.