- Κωδικός / Course Code: COS522
- ECTS: 10
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment: Interactive activities (24%), Project (26%), Final exam (50%)
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (εαρινό)/ Semi-annual (spring)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 450 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
- Αναλυτική πληροφόρηση: COS522_11.2023.pdf
The module focuses on basic conceptualizations and processes of memory and learning. The students will acquire knowledge of theoretical accounts of memory structures and processes and their relevance and implications for primarily cognitive learning. Topics include types of memory (short-term, long-term, procedural, episodic, semantic), types of knowledge acquired (conceptual, declarative, procedural) and kinds of learning (association, generalization, implicit, explicit, transfer). In addition, principles of memory (assimilation, structuring, restructuring, encoding specificity, and levels of processing) and memory processes (encoding, activation, and retrieval) are discussed in relation to learning mechanisms and outcomes. The students will (a) apply this knowledge to comprehend, analyze, and evaluate the theoretical implications of recent psychological research in memory and learning; (b) synthesize and evaluate the potential of this knowledge in relation to computational problems and capabilities; (c) consider and propose methods of computationally testing theoretical claims and predictions.