- Κωδικός / Course Code: COS513
- ECTS: 10
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment: Interactive activities (24%), Project (26%), Final exam (50%)
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (χειμερινό) / Semi-annual (fall)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 450 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
- Αναλυτική πληροφόρηση: COS513_11.2023.pdf
The COS513 Computational Intelligent Systems module provides a global overview of Computational Intelligent Systems, and their applications in understanding various aspects of cognition and the operation of the mind. The study of the brain from the computer scientists’ perspective will be emphasized by providing an in depth analysis of the methodology and basic concepts on how to model cognition and how to develop intelligent computer systems that try to mimic the way a human brain works. The theoretical framework of Computational Intelligence algorithms and techniques, such as Artificial Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithms and Fuzzy Logic, is covered together with hands on experience in the development and implementation of Computational Intelligent Systems. The main aim of the course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to design and implement effective and efficient Computational Intelligence solutions to problems for which a direct solution is impractical or unknown. Moreover, the course studies the area of cognitive systems and big-data analytics.