- Κωδικός / Course Code: COS511
- ECTS: 10
- Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment: Interactive activities (24%), Project (26%), Final exam (50%)
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (χειμερινό) / Semi-annual (fall)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 450 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate
- Αναλυτική πληροφόρηση: COS511_11.2023.pdf
The thematic unit COS511 Introduction to Cognitive Psychology aims at providing a comprehensive overview of the basic areas of research in the main sub-fields of Cognitive Psychology. Specifically, through the course students acquire knowledge about the main theories and the most important empirical findings related to perception, attention, memory, mental imagery and knowledge representation, problem solving, and decision-making. Emphasis is placed on discussing the links between Cognitive Psychology and related fields such as Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience. The unit also provides an introduction to the methods and procedures that are commonly used to study the mechanisms of cognition.