EPA612: Development of children I - Infancy
Module Purpose and Objectives
This module covers the study of a child's development, as an active member of a social group, from infancy to middle childhood. Specifically, this thematic course, adopting a socio-cultural approach, covers the cognitive, emotional, social and moral development of the child.
- The child's relation with the people who take care of him/her, as well as the importance of these relationships for his/her development
- The way in which, on the one hand, children learn and acquire knowledge in preschool and on the other hand, the importance of the child's interaction with adults and his peers through the process of his/her development
- The child’s role in this learning process and in general during his/her own development process.
- The effect of the child's first experiences on his/her subsequent psychosocial development
- The importance of friendly relations for the social, cognitive and emotional development of the child.
- The parameters related to the manifestation of violence and conflict between children.
- Κωδικός / Course Code: EPA612
- ECTS: 15
Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment:
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (χειμερινό) / Semi-annual (fall)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 900 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate