MBA51: Accounting and Finance
The course Accounting & Finance is an introductory course on financial accounting and reporting, and corporate finance and valuation. It consists of four parts:
- Tutorial exercises for self-study that will become available on EClass every time an online meeting concludes
- Homework Assignments that will count for 30% of the final grade. There will be four homework assignments (mostly computational). Each assignment will be graded on a scale from 0 to 10.
- Final Exam counting for 70% of the overall grade. Students who fail this exam can carry the bonus earned from their homework assignments to the repeating exam.
It is essential for students in order to be allowed to participate in the scheduled course exams to have earned 20 out of the possible 40 total marks that can be received by submitting all four homework assignments. Therefore it is advisable if one decides not to submit all four assignments, one to make certain that the minimum requirement of 20 marks earned from his submitted work is met.
The recommended textbook for this course (covering 80% of the topics discussed) is:
Powers, Needles, & Crosson. Accounting Principles. International Edition. 11th Edition. GENGAGE Learning.
- Κωδικός / Course Code: MBA51
- ECTS: 24
Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment:
4 γραπτές εργασίες (7.5% η κάθε μια) και Τελική Εξέταση (70%)
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Ετήσια/ Annual
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: 1080 euro
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate