The doctoral programme, aims to research issues in the following research area:
- Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering
The minimum time required to complete the doctorate is three (3) years, while the maximum duration is eight (8) years.
EUROPEAN CREDIT TRANSFER SYSTEM – ECTS: 180
TEACHING LANGUAGE: Greek
DEGREE AWARDED: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- A Degree and a Postgraduate Degree related to Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Science and Materials Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Medical Engineering, Food Engineering etc
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Good Knowledge in the Use of Geographic Information and Remote Sensing Systems (specifically ArcGIS, ERDAS, ENVI, e-Cognition)
- Good Knowledge of Statistics and Statistical Software (π.χ. Minitab, SPSS, R)
- Knowledge of analysis models of the life cycle, multicriteria analysis, simulation models
- Excellent knowledge and work experience in laboratory analysis subjects
Additional qualifications for candidates are:
- Any publications in prestigious international scientific journals in the above cognitive areas
- Any publications in conferences in the above cognitive areas
- Any participation in research projects
- Knowledge of statistical packages
- Previous work experience in laboratory analysis subjects such as analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, soil science, solid and liquid waste, etc.
Candidates must submit:
- Complete and detailed CV in EUROPASS format
- If there are any, a detailed list of publications
- Participation in research projects
- Full research proposal up to 2000 words including:
- Subject title related to the topics that are posted
- Statement of interest (the subject you are interested in must be explicitly stated)
- Purpose of doctoral dissertation depending on the topic they choose
- Research framework / research questions
- Brief analysis of the current situation depending on the topic they will choose
- Methodology of approaching the subject
- Expected results
- Diploma implementation schedule
- Suggested bibliography
Candidates who do not submit complete supporting documents as listed in point 1-4 will not be evaluated.
Tuition fees for doctoral programs amounts to €675 per semester for the first six (6) semesters. In case the study lasts longer, then the following applies: for the first four (4) and the last two (2) semesters, the cost amounts to €675 per semester and for the remaining semesters, the cost amounts to €337.50 per semester. No tuition is paid for the "Academic Writing (DXXX796)" and the "Research Methodology (DXXXX795)", which are mandatory at the beginning of the study.
Applications can be submitted exclusively online:
Application dates for the Academic year 2022-2023 : February 24 - May 24, 2022.