Limited number of positions for Ph.D. studies are offered in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence and Explainable AI.
- Cognitive Systems / Personal Assistants.
- Nature and Biology-Inspired Computation.
- Machine-Mediated Human Interaction.
- Computational Machine Learning Theory.
- Learning-Based User Personalization.
- Knowledge Engineering and Reasoning.
- Knowledge-Based Story Comprehension.
- Smart City / Smart Building Applications.
- Swarming in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.
In the declaration of interest, applicants should indicate explicitly their chosen subject(s) and should include (for each chosen subject) a proposal of their envisioned contribution (i.e., thesis topic).
The minimum time required to complete the doctorate is three (3) years, while the maximum duration is eight (8) years.
EUROPEAN CREDIT TRANSFER SYSTEM – ECTS: 180
TEACHING LANGUAGE: English
DEGREE AWARDED: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Applicants must hold an M.Sc. Degree, and have either strong programming skills or a solid background in Theoretical Computer Science. Admitted Ph.D. students will carry out their research at the Computational Cognition Lab at Open University of Cyprus
Candidates must submit:
Those interested in applying for the Doctoral Programme should include the following information in the "Statement of Interest":
- A Preliminary Title of the Doctoral Thesis
- A Summary of a 300-word research proposal, which will necessarily include the following:
- Description of the goal / purpose
- The importance of the research
- Review of the bibliography
- Brief reference to the proposed research methodology.
- Scientific and other Distinctions
- Scientific and Research Activities
- Research Areas
Prospective students must submit the online application form through https://applications.ouc.ac.cy/admissions?sap-language=EL
For the academic year 2021-2022 (starting spring semester), the Faculty will accept applications for a position in its doctoral programmes from 15/09/2021 to 11/10/2021.