The postgraduate programme in Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning examines dialectically the two core pillars of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning:
- General Adult Education, and
- Vocational Education and Training
The objective of the postgraduate programme is to equip the participants (adult learners) with the cognitive (theoretical and practical) and metacognitive (methodological, epistemological) skills that will enable them to understand in-depth – and dialectically - General Adult Education and Vocational Education and Training, within the greater area of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning. The ultimate purpose is to move from understanding to the analysis, synthesis, application and evaluation of new knowledge.
The Programme is additionally research-orientated aiming to attract prospective students to undertake original research at the doctoral level in various aspects of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning.
It also aims at preparing systematically the trainer, designer, coordinator or evaluator of continuing education programmes and upgrading the knowledge, skills and competencies of adult educators.
WHY CHOOSE TO ATTEND?
Successful completion of the Programme opens up new perspectives for graduates to:
- get employment in areas relevant to the field of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning, in the public sector as well as in private organisations and NGOs or in international organisations such as the European Union or the OECD.
- strengthen their existing career and follow an upward job trajectory by upgrading their skills and competences.
- engage academic research in the field of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning.
More specifically, graduates of the Programme can work as:
- trainers in education and training programmes,
- designers, organisers or evaluators of adult education and training programmes,
- policy planners/makers and administrators in government agencies and domestic and international organisations,
- researchers in research centres and organisations involved in the field of adult education.
European Credit Units - ECTS: 120
Teaching Language: Greek
Level of Studies: Postgraduate
Title to be Awarded: Magister Artium (MA)
The minimum requirement for admission to the Programme is an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
Very good knowledge of English
Computer skills (Microsoft Office programmes, and use of the Internet to retrieve information and to communicate with others).
The total cost of the fees for this postgraduate programme is 5,400 Euro.
The tuition fees for each module are 675€. The tuition fees for the Master Thesis are also 1,350€.
Applications can be submitted exclusively online, via the OUC website at https://applications.ouc.ac.cy/admissions?sap-language=EN
Important note: The Programme is being restructured, and after its external evaluation and certification by DI.PA.E. is planned to confer 90 ECTS credits.
The duration of studies will be 1,5 academic year (3 academic semesters) full-time (successful completion of 6 Modules or 4 Modules and a Master thesis).
In case the application to DIPAE is successful, the new Programme will be available during the academic year 2020-2021.
The Modules offered per semester are the following:
First Semester (Compulsory Modules)
SDM 511: Theoretical Foundations of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning
SDM 512: Theoretical Foundations of Vocational Education and Training
Second Semester (Compulsory Modules)
SDM521: Planning, Organisation and Evaluation of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning
SDM522: Planning, Organisation And Evaluation Of Vocational Education And Training
Third Semester (Compulsory/Elective Modules)
SDM 612 (compulsory): Research Methodology in Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning
SDM 621 (elective): Critical Reflection in Adult Learning and Education
SDM 701A (elective): Master Thesis I
Fourth Semester (Compulsory/Elective Modules)
SDM 611 (compulsory): International Trends in Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning - Comparing Systems and Practices
SDM 622 (elective): Access and Participation of Adults in Education
SDM 701B (elective): Master Thesis II
During the third (3) and fourth (4) semesters, students must have completed 60 ECTS by passing either the four (4) offered Modules (2 compulsory - SDM 612 & SDM 611, - and 2 electives - SDM 621 & SDM 622), or the two (2) compulsory (SDM 612 & SDM 611) and SDM 701A (Master Thesis I) and SDM 701B (Master Thesis II).
In order for students to enrol in both Modules (SDM701A and SDM701B) in a semester (30ECTS), they must have first successfully completed all the other Modules of the Programme of Study.
- SDM512: Theoretical Foundations of Vocational Education and Training
- SDM611: International Trends in Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning – Comparing Systems and Practices
- SDM612: Research Methodology in Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning
- SDM621: Critical reflection in adult learning and education
- SDM622: Access and Participation of Adults in Education
- SDM701A: Master Thesis I
- SDM701B: Master Thesis II
For additional information, please contact Ms. Yianna Yiasouma (firstname.lastname@example.org), 00357-22411915.