ELP512: Applied Educational Research: Quantitative Methods
Course Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the Module is to familiarize students with the important stages of conducting quantitative research in education as well as to develop their critical ability towards quantitative research results in the field of education. More specifically in this course students will use the stages of implementation of quantitative research. Then they will be introduced in the collection and analysis of empirical quantitative data as well as critical appraisal of quantitative research.
The Module deals with issues such as:
- Introduction to educational quantitative research
- Basic quantitative research approaches
- Stages of implementation of quantitative research - the scientific inquiry process
- Quantitative methodological approaches and research tools
- Collection and analysis of empirical quantitative data
- Critical appraisal of quantitative research
- Κωδικός / Course Code: ELP512
- ECTS: 15
Τρόποι Αξιολόγησης / Assessment:
Written assignments (2), Final exam, Weekly graded activities. This form of assessment applies to all Thematic Units.
The final grade of the Module is composed from:
- 50% from the grade of the final exam.
- 40% from the grade of the two (2) assignments.
- 10% from the grade of the contributions to the ten (10) weekly activities, provided they are assessed with a pass (evaluation Pass or Fail). Each contribution that is evaluated with a Pass increases the Module’s final score by 0,1 points.
Students earn the right to participate in the final exam if they have:
- Obtained cumulatively at least 50% of the total score, from the evaluation of the two (2) assignments.
- Submitted at least five (5) contributions for the weekly activities which are evaluated with a Pass.
- Διάρκεια Φοίτησης/ Length of Study: Εξαμηνιαία (χειμερινό) / Semi-annual (fall)
- Κόστος/ Tuition Fees: .
- Επίπεδο Σπουδών/ Level: Μεταπτυχιακό/ Postgraduate